Watch The Industry, a short campaign film produced by Type40Films
Monday, 9 January 2017
JUST TO RECAP WHAT ACTOR AWARENESS HAS PLANNED FOR 2017!
Want to know what Actor Awareness has going on in 2017? Want to get involved? It's already a jam packed year full of new and exciting projects.
● In January we have the Actor Awareness workshop in Manchester, taking our first steps in helping the incredible talent of the North. Also I will be sitting on a panel with Equity and other industry people discussing how we can give more support to working class talent. Finally I will be appearing on Shoreditch radio.
● February we have our first scratch night of 2017 under the theme of Working Class. Submissions are open for that now so please send your 15 min scripts to us. Then from there with our new official partnership with Spotlight we will be putting scratch nights on every 6 weeks for a year, all under different themes and performing in the heart of the West End.
● March we will have our first film scratch night where you can send in 10-15 min films under a set theme. Submissions will open in January for that. More details to follow.
● Later in the year we will be working with Marcus and McCrimmon in setting up a new drama school, where you can get top quality training at an affordable price, again more details to follow.
● Finally in the summer we will finally be releasing the documentary film The Acting Class by Inside Film, about the struggles of Working Class talent in the arts.
So a very exciting year ahead already and no doubt more things will be added throughout 2017. Please come get involved and anything you want to know more about then get in touch
Actor Awareness official 2016 summary. Just to recap the incredible success we have had this year.
● Scratch night themes covered: Women's Night, LGBT Night, Health Night, Launch Party, Class Night, Mental Health Night, Intergenerational Night, Anniversary Night, Identity Night.
● Started filming The Acting Class documentary film. Interviews including Maxine Peake, Chris Eccleston, Julie Hesmondhalgh, Samuel West and many more.
● Spotlight came on to be our official partner.
● Interviews in The Guardian, The Stage and on BBC radio.
● Had Actor Awareness week where 3 shows were developed from our scratch nights into full length shows.
● Launched the Casting Call Pro competition.
● Had the official Actor Awareness launch party and Scratch night anniversary.